At-risk older adults in Richmond who live in homes built prior to the BC Fire Code implemented in March 1979 and have limited mobility are eligible for a smoke alarm installed free of charge.
During the scheduled visit which will take anywhere from 30 to 45 minutes, the following home safety inspections and educational information will be provided:
- Supply and install a smoke alarm on each floor
- Conduct a Fire-Rescue home safety inspection, providing printed fire and life safety prevention information
- Conduct a falls prevention inspection and provide information on falls prevention
- Conduct a home security inspection and provide information on crime prevention
- Provide information regarding the Vial of Life program
Please call 604-238-8450 or visit Minoru Place Activity Centre, 7660 Minoru Gate to sign up or for more information.