The deadline for filing 2021 Canada Revenue Agency personal income tax returns is on May 2. This year, Richmond organizations are offering a mix of drop-off /pick-up and in-person income tax preparation assistance primarily for low income individuals ($35,000 annual income or lower, $35,000 to 37,500 with one child) and families ($45,000 dual annual income or lower).
Please bring valid government-issued photo identification and all relevant documents such as T4, T5 and Canada Child Benefit slips. And remember, it’s important to file your taxes whether you’ve earned income or not to ensure you’re receiving all of the Canadian tax system benefits and credits.
• CFC Tax Assist (132-7295 Moffatt Rd.): Saturday and Sundays, now until April 30. Advanced registration is required, and service is available in English and Tagalog. Call or email Mylene at 604-370-0274 to book an appointment.
• Chimo Community Services (120-7000 Minoru Blvd.): Tuesdays and Fridays, now until June 30. Service is available in English and Chinese. Call Tabitha or Margaret at 604-279-7076, or email firstname.lastname@example.org to book an appointment.
• Christ, the Living Stone Fellowship Vancouver (6211 Bassett Rd.): Virtual service on Saturdays, from now until Dec. 31. Advanced registration is required, call Evelyn at 778-835-8428 or email email@example.com to book an appointment.
• City Centre Community Association (5900 Minoru Blvd.): Saturdays and Sunday, now until April 24. Advanced registration is required, call Helena at 604-204-8582 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to book an appointment. Visit the webpage for more information.
• Richmond Cares, Richmond Gives (190-7000 Minoru Blvd.): Year-round. Must be 55+ or disabled to qualify. Call 604-279-7020 or visit the office to book an appointment.
• Richmond Centre for Disability (842-5300 No. 3 Rd.): Drop off income tax forms Monday to Friday, now until April 28. Call 604-232-2404 or email email@example.com to determine eligibility. Visit the webpage for more information.
• Richmond Multicultural Community Services (210–7000 Minoru Blvd.): Monday to Saturday, now until April 30. Advanced registration is required. Call 604-279-7160 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to book an appointment.
• Richmond Public Library (Brighouse branch second floor – 7700 Minoru Gate): Drop off income tax forms April 2, 9, 23, 30. Advanced registration and library card are required. Call 604-231-6413 or visit the “Ask Me” desk to book an appointment.
• Vancouver Midas Lions Club: Contact for address and dates. Advanced registration is required, and service is available in English and Chinese. Email Choi Chan or Anne Su to book an appointment. All clients are welcome.