Here is a note from the provincial government regarding severe weather conditions over the next few days.
Starting today we are expecting a number of large storms and significant rainfall to hit B.C. The biggest storm is expected to arrive on Tuesday. Environment Canada will continue to update the forecast, but the time to prepare is now. We are urging all British Columbians to be extremely vigilant and ask that you please share the information below/attached with your communities via social media posts and emails.
Keep a close eye on weather reports from your area from Environment Canada, check regularly for updates, warnings, and alerts from local governments and First Nation authorities. Make sure your emergency supplies include drinking water stored in an accessible place, and if you don’t need to travel during stormy weather, please stay home. If you are required to drive, Check Drive BC for updates and make sure your vehicle has food, water, warm clothes and blankets and other emergency supplies.
For social media the easiest way share info is to re-post these:
You can also share the following to ensure your networks stay up to date with the latest emergency response news in BC:
- For First Nations and their members to receive updates about emergency events in your community and additional supports: https://www.fness-eoc.ca/
- Stay informed and up to date with weather alerts: https://weather.gc.ca/warnings/index_e.html?prov=bc
- Latest updates and evacuation orders/alerts: https://www.emergencyinfobc.gov.bc.ca/
- Supports for people and communities: https://www.gov.bc.ca/FloodResponse
- Donate to help people affected by flooding: https://donate.redcross.ca/page/94172/donate/1
- Know before you go with current travel advisories: https://www.tranbc.ca/current-travel-advisories/
- Prepare for emergencies: https://www2.gov.bc.ca/…/emergency-management/preparedbc
To better support British Columbians impacted by recent flooding and landslides, we’ve opened a new ServiceBC helpline. Call 1-833-376-2452 to get connected to emergency and agricultural supports, mental health supports, information on essential travel and road conditions, and more. The line is open 7:30am to 5:00pm PST, seven days a week.
Thank you for all that you are doing to keep your communities safe.